Deferred Action USCIS Form I-821D

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has released the immigration form that will be required to apply for deferred action of childhood arrivals, or whome some of us have been calling “dreamers”.  The form also comes with a detailed list of instructions which provides suggestion for supporting evidence. In order to apply for deferred action one must complete the form, provide the supporting evidence, the fee payment and also Form I-765 application for employment authorization and form I-765WS.

Immigration forms can be complicated and I do not advise anyone to send in a completed form without first speaking with an Attorney or BIA accredite representative. If you are not eligible for Deferred Action, you may be putting yourself at risk by applying for it. If you can not afford an attorney, there are likely non-profit community organizations that will be providing free legal advice for dreamers. We will be starting some “dream days” in Washington state for those who need help. If you have any sort of criminal record you definately need to see an attorney before sending any forms to USCIS.

Form I-821D can be found here.

For more information or to find out if you are eligible for Deferred Action you may contact attorney Andre Olivie anytime to schedule a consultation at 206-724-1940.