Sponsoring Family Members

Seattle, Redmond & Bellevue immigration attorney, Andre Olivie helps U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents sponsor parents, children and brothers and sisters for green cards. Andre will evaluate your case to determine which family members are eligible for a green card either through adjustment of status if they are in the U.S. or through immigrant visa processing if they are outside of the U.S.

Only U.S. Citizens can petition for their siblings, parents and children who are married. Lawful permanent residents may petition for their unmarried children. It is important to keep in mind that the process can take several years. If a lawful permanent resident petitions for their unmarried child and that child later marries, the petition will be lost even if they later divorce. The child should not marry untill the parent becomes a U.S. Citizen or untill their priority date becomes current. Petitioners of family members must file affidavits of support and thus meet certain income requirements.

Andre will also help provide supporting evidence of the familial relationship where  primary evidence is lacking.  As many family-based green card cases take several years, Andre will be sure to keep you updated throughout the process.